Terms and Conditions:
Important Notice: These terms and conditions (“T&Cs”) shall govern the City Eco Bag Design Competition (“Competition”). By entry and participation in the Competition, Participants agree to be bound by these T&Cs. CDL Management Services (“Organiser”) reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Competition and/or the T&Cs at any time and as it deems fit, without notice and/or liability to any party. It is the Participants’ responsibility to keep themselves informed of any changes to the Competition and/or the T&Cs.
In the event of:
• any dispute regarding the T&Cs, the conduct or results of the Competition, and/or any other matter relating to the Competition; or
• any question or matter arising out of any point that is not expressly provided for in any of the T&Cs,
the decision of the Organiser shall be final and unchallengeable, without any obligation to furnish any notice and/or reason, and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
By entry and participation in the Competition, each Participant represents and warrants that he/she:
• meets all eligibility requirements of the Competition;
• has complied with and will comply in all respects with these T&Cs and all applicable laws; and
• the information provided in the Participant’s submission, including but not limited to all information in the Entry Form, is true, accurate, and complete in all respects.
Any false information provided within the context of the Competition by any Participant and/or non-compliance with any of the T&Cs, or the like, may result in immediate elimination of the Participant from the Competition.
1) The Organiser may at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without notice and/or liability to any party:
• cancel, modify or suspend the Competition or any part thereof, including but not limited to the Competition Theme;
• reschedule the dates of Submission or extend the submission period; and/or
• substitute, withdraw or cancel any Prize.
Such changes to the Competition will not give rise to any claim by the Participant.
2) The Organiser reserves the right not to award any Prize and/or use any of the submitted artworks for the eco bags if in its opinion none of the submissions received is of sufficient merit.
1) The Competition is open to all current students from design schools in Singapore under Ministry of Education’s list of Post-Secondary Education Institutions (PSEI). The Organiser reserves the right to request for the Participants’ proof of identity, including but not limited to National Registration Identity Card (NRIC) and student identification card, for sighting during the shortlisting process for the purpose of verifying their eligibility. In the absence of such verification as requested, the Organiser shall be entitled to disqualify the Participant from the Competition, and the Participant shall have no claim whatsoever against the Organiser.
2) Employees of the Organiser and its related corporations and business units, as well as its authorised agents and service providers, and their family members are not eligible to participate in this Competition.
1) Participants are required to submit the following to [email protected] from 6 March 2023, and the same must be received by the Organiser on or before 16 April 2023, 12.00PM SGT (UTC+8) (“Entry Deadline”):
• Completed Entry Form
• Digital artwork* in accordance with the Competition Theme (25cm x 25cm, JPEG format), as a file attachment in the email. For ease of transmission, the size of attachment should not exceed 5MB
• Digital artwork must be original, and should not have been offered for sale, published and/or publicly exhibited
• Digital artwork must not feature any personal information, including but not limited to the Participant’s name and institution, the likeness of violence and profanity, and/or incite religious/cultural intolerance, racism, gender discrimination and/or illegal acts
• To facilitate subsequent production of exhibition materials and print, the digital artwork must allow for scalability to 3m x 3m without losing quality. The Organiser will request for working files in AI/EPS file format (complete with editable layers, linked files and font pack, where applicable) during the shortlisting process
Late submissions and/or entries that fail to comply with the abovementioned will result in immediate elimination of the Participant from the Competition, and Participants shall have no claim whatsoever against the Organiser. The Organiser accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected submissions including delays and/or failure of any electronic or telecommunication systems, including but not limited to technical faults and/or network disruptions/congestions. The Organiser is not responsible for any technical or human error which may occur during the administration of the Competition.Participants are to ensure that their submissions are accurate and complete in all respects. Amendments or withdrawal after submission will not be entertained.
2) Participants are to ensure that their submissions are accurate and complete in all respects. Amendments or withdrawal after submission will not be entertained.
3) Participants may submit more than 1 artwork, but only 1 of the submission can be shortlisted for the Finals. Multiple submissions of the same artwork will not be assessed.
4) Submission does not guarantee the Participant the opportunity to participate in the Competition. The Organiser reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to reject or refuse participation of any Participant without providing any reason whatsoever.
5) Participants may be required by the Organiser to provide further information and shall do so within the timeframe specified by the Organiser for the information to be furnished, failing which the Participant would be deemed to have withdrawn from the Competition.
6) The official language of the Competition is English. All Competition matters, including submission and correspondence etc, must be completed in English.
7) As part of the Competition, Participants will disclose their personal information (“Personal Data”), which is subject to the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (No. 26 of 2012) (“the PDPA”) and other applicable data protection laws, including the European Union (“EU”) General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) where applicable. By entry and participation in the Competition, each Participant is deemed to have consented to the Organiser and its related corporations and business units, as well as its authorised agents and service providers collecting, using, disclosing and processing of the said Personal Data for the purposes of administering and conducting the Competition, as well as post-Competition activities and/or publicity. The Participant also acknowledges that the consent overrides the registration with the Singapore Do-Not-Call Registry, does not supersede or replace other consents which they may have previously given to CDL, and are in additional to any right which CDL may legally have to collect, use or disclose their Personal Data. For more information on CDL’s PDPA policy, please refer to www.cdl.com.sg/index.php/privacy-policy.
1) All submitted entries shall be evaluated by the panel of judges consisting of representatives from the Organiser and local artists invited by the Organiser (“Judges”) based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
• Relevance to the Competition Theme
• Originality and creativity
• Overall visual impact
6 designs will be shortlisted from the submissions, and the respective Participants will be contacted via email and/or contact number and announced by 15 May 2023 for the showcase at CDL Malls, including but not limited to City Square Mall, where members of the public are invited to cast their votes. The results (based on 60% judging scores and 40% voting results) will be announced during the Prize Presentation Ceremony at City Square Mall end June 2023, and the winner will journey with us on developing the eco bag with the winning design for our shoppers and contribute towards encouraging sustainable living.
2) The Judges reserve the right to disqualify entries which, in their sole discretion, are deemed irrelevant, offensive, and/or do not comply with the T&Cs.
3) The Judges’ decisions in all matters relating to the Competition, including eligibility of the Participants and the selection of the winners, will be final and the Judges shall not be obliged to entertain any correspondence or queries in relation to the same. The Judges shall not be obliged to select a winner if, in their view, none of the submissions is of sufficient merit. Participants are advised to understand the Competition Theme and Judging Criteria to ensure that their submitted designs are relevant and appropriate.
4) The Organiser is not obliged to adopt any of the artworks submitted for this Competition and may, in its sole and absolute discretion, choose to further develop any design with any of the Participants.
5) The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any winner, if he/she is found to be in breach of these T&Cs. Such disqualified winners may be required to refund the full amount of the Prizes awarded. In the event of such disqualification, the Organiser may, in its sole and absolute discretion, choose not to select a replacement winner.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY (IP)
1) By entry and participating in the Competition, each Participant affirms that the submitted artwork is his/her original work and that the Participant owns all rights for its submission in this Competition. The Participant further warrants that the submission does not violate any law or regulation or any rights of any third party. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any Participant in a scenario where the Organiser believes in its sole and absolute discretion that the submitted artwork or any part thereof infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party. Participants shall indemnify and hold harmless the Organiser and its related corporations and business units, as well as its authorised agents and service providers, including their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents against any claims or costs relating to a breach of this term.
2) All artworks and materials submitted for the Competition shall become the property of the Organiser. By entry and participation in this Competition, Participants consent and grant the Organiser a no-royalty/fee, world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable and exclusive license to use, reproduce, display and/or create derivative works of their submitted materials, including but not limited to their names, institution and artworks for the exhibition, eco bags and other purposes without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and without prior inspection or approval.
3) Participants shall not enter their artwork or any part of the artwork in another Competition or exhibition unless with the express written consent of the Organiser, and in any case not before the end of the Competition.
1) By entry and participation in this Competition, Participants:
• acknowledge and agree to participate and cooperate in all media and promotional activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed, photographed and videoed at any time during the Competition; and
• consent and grant the Organiser a no-royalty/fee, world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable and exclusive license to use, reproduce, display and/or create derivative works of their submitted materials, including but not limited to their names, institution and artworks, footages and photographs obtained for media and promotional activities in all media worldwide, including online social media and networking websites without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and without prior inspection or approval.
1) While reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organiser to ensure safety of all the Participants, each Participant acknowledges and agrees that his/her participation in the Competition is at his/her own risk. Upon submission for the Competition, the Participant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Organiser and its related corporations and business units, as well as its authorised agents and service providers, including their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents, from and against any and all claims, causes of action, damages, obligations, losses (including any loss of opportunity), liabilities (including negligence), personal injuries, costs or debt, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs) and all amounts paid in settlement arising from or relating to, whether directly or indirectly, special or consequential, to the Participant’s participation in the Competition or by reason of a breach of the terms herein. The Organiser may assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter for which Participants have agreed to indemnify the Organiser. Participants agree to assist and cooperate with the Organiser in the defence or settlement of any such matters.
1) These T&Cs shall constitute the entire agreement between the Organiser and the Participant and supersede all prior representations, arrangements, understandings and agreements between the Parties (whether oral or written) relating to the subject matter herein contained.
2) These T&Cs shall be construed, governed and interpreted in all respects in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore and the Parties agree to submit all disputes and claims in respect to these T&Cs to the jurisdiction of the Courts of the Republic of Singapore.
3) If any of the clauses of these T&Cs is found to be invalid for any reason whatsoever, such invalidity shall not affect the validity and operation of the other remaining provisions of these T&Cs.
4) Headings are for convenience of reference only and shall not affect the interpretation of these T&Cs.
5) Participants shall not be entitled to assign any of the rights and obligations under these T&Cs without the express written consent of the Organiser.
6) Nothing in these T&Cs shall operate so as to create a partnership or joint venture of any kind between the Parties.
7) The Organiser reserves the right to amend the T&Cs at its discretion and without having to give prior notification.
For further enquiries on the Competition, please email us at [email protected]