TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions (“T&Cs”) shall govern the City Eco Bag Design Competition 2023 – Online Voting (“Voting”) and Lucky Draw (“Draw”), collectively known as Vote & Win (“Vote & Win”).
By entry and participation in the Vote & Win, Participants (“Participant”) acknowledge and are deemed to have read, understood and agree to be bound by these T&Cs, including any amendments thereto.
CDL Management Services (“Organiser”) reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Vote & Win and/or the T&Cs at any time and as it deems fit, without notice and/or liability to any party. It is the Participants’ responsibility to keep themselves informed of any changes to the Vote & Win and/or the T&Cs. All decisions of the Organiser relating to the Vote & Win shall be final and unchallengeable. The Organiser is not obliged to furnish any notice and/or reason, and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
City Eco Bag Design Competition 2023 (“Competition”) is a design competition where current students from design schools in Singapore under Ministry of Education’s list of post-secondary education institutions (PSEI) were invited to submit an eco bag designed inspired by CDL’s ethos of “Conserving as We Construct”.
From the submissions, 6 designs were shortlisted for showcase at CDL malls for public voting on cdlcityecobags.com.sg (“Website”). Members of the public can vote for their favourite design via the online voting form on the Website between 15 May 2023 and 13 June 2023. The voting results constitute 40% of the Competition scores and the Competition results will be announced during the Prize Presentation Ceremony at City Square Mall on 16 June 2023.
10 Participants who have voted for the winning design will be randomly selected to win $100 CDL gift vouchers each.
The Vote & Win is open to Singapore citizens, Permanent Residents and valid Employment Pass/Work Permit/Dependant’s Pass/Student Pass Holders.
Participants under the age of 18 years as of 15 May 2023 must obtain their parents/legal guardians’ consent before participating in the Vote & Win, and by entry and participation in this Vote & Win, it is deemed that consent has been obtained.
Individuals who are directly involved in organising,
promoting, administrating and executing the Vote & Win, and their immediate
family members are not eligible to participate.
Participants are to cast their vote for the Competition and submit their personal particulars via the online voting form on the Website between 15 May 2023, 0000 hours and 13 June 2023, 2359 hours SGT (UTC+8) (“Voting Period”). Participants are entitled to one vote per device per day.
By entry and participation in the Vote & Win, each Participant represents and warrants that he/she:
- meets all eligibility requirements of the Vote & Win; and
- the information provided for the Vote & Win is true, accurate, and complete in all respects.
Any false information provided by any Participant and/or non-compliance with any of the T&Cs, or the like, may result in immediate disqualification of the Participant from the Draw.
The Organiser may at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without notice and/or liability to any party:
- cancel, modify or suspend the Vote & Win or any part thereof;
- extend the voting period or reschedule the dates of the Vote & Win; and/or
- substitute, withdraw or cancel any Prize.
Such changes to the Vote & Win will not give rise to any claim by the Participant.
In the event of:
- any dispute regarding the T&Cs, the conduct or results of the Vote & Win, and/or any other matter relating to the Vote & Win; or
- any question or matter arising out of any point that is not expressly provided for in any of the T&Cs,
the decision of the Organiser shall be final and unchallengeable, without any obligation to furnish any notice and/or reason, and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
While reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organiser to ensure the security, fairness, integrity and appropriateness of the Vote & Win system, the Organiser accepts no responsibility for:
- any late, lost or misdirected votes, or any loss or damage, including delays and/or failure of any electronic or telecommunication systems due to (without limitation) technical faults and/or network disruptions/congestions or any technical or human error which may occur during the registration and/or administration of the Vote & Win.
- any electronic transmission errors resulting in omissions, interruptions, deletions, losses, or delays in transmission or operation.
- any kind of technical problems, traffic congestion, or any combination on the Website resulting in inaccurate transmission or non-display of the Vote & Win system.
- any kind of technical, network, telephone system, electronic equipment, computer, hardware, or software dysfunction or limit resulting in theft, destruction, unauthorised access, or change to the Vote & Win system.
In the event that a computer virus, bug, tampering, unlawful intervention, foul play, technical malfunction, or other cause results in an inability to carry out the internet portion of the Vote & Win as planned, and/or if the operation management of the Vote & Win, security, fairness, integrity, or appropriateness of the implementation is hindered, or affected, the Organiser reserves the right to, and has the sole discretion to cancel, end, change, or suspend the Vote & Win.
The voting results constitute 40% of the Competition scores, and the Competition results will be announced during the Prize Presentation Ceremony at City Square Mall on 16 June 2023, at 5pm.
Each qualifying vote towards the winning design will be allocated a chance in the Draw. For avoidance of doubt, the winning design refers to the design that is awarded 1st Prize in the Eco Bag Design Competition. However, the Organiser is not obliged to adopt any of the shortlisted works and may, in its sole and absolute discretion, choose to further develop any design with any of the Competition Participants for the production of eco bags.
LUCKY DRAW SELECTION PROCESS
The Draw will be conducted on 19 June 2023 between 1100hours and 1400hrs, at 9 Raffles Place, Republic Plaza #12-01, Singapore 048619, unless determined otherwise by the Organiser. The Organiser shall be under no obligation to notify the Participants regarding any change in date, timing or venue of the Draw.
10 Participants who have voted for the winning design will be selected at random (“Winners”) and each Winner will be entitled to $100 CDL gift vouchers (“Prize”).
Winners once drawn, will not be eligible for another Prize within the same Draw.
Winners will be notified by phone and/or email as provided in the online voting form submitted via the Website by 26 June 2023. The Organiser accepts no responsibility for any inability or failure to contact the Winner arising from inaccurate and/or incomplete contact information.
A copy of the Draw results will be available on CDL Malls’ websites.
The Organiser reserves the right to award the Prize to the next Winner in line or forfeit the Prize, in the event that:
- the originally selected Winner fails to meet the Terms and Conditions and/or any rules and regulations;
- the Organiser discovers or has reasonable grounds to suspect that the originally selected Winner has engaged or attempted to engage in any activity to inappropriately influence or manipulate the Vote & Win system including but not limited to the use of any script, macro, bots, or other technology or automated means to submit votes, the use of vote acquisition groups or syndicates to submit votes, and/or involvement of monetary transactions to submit votes;
- the originally selected Winner has committed any act of fraud or dishonesty, or has misrepresented anything in connection with the Draw; or
- the Organiser is unable to contact the originally selected Winner;
- the originally selected Winner fails to respond to the Organiser or notifies the Organiser that he/she does not wish to claim the Prize.
The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any Winners, forfeit and/or reclaim any Prize at any time if the Organiser deems that there has been a breach of the T&Cs by any Winner, whether discovered during or after the Vote & Win event period.
Winners will be required to sign on the acknowledgement receipt form and present their proof of identity (e.g. NRIC/FIN, passport, driving licence) for sighting when collecting the Prize. The adequacy of such proof shall be determined at the sole discretion of the Organiser. In the event that the Organiser deems the proof of identity and/or eligibility to be inadequate, the Prize will be forfeited. Parents/guardians of winners under the age of 18 at the time of prize collection must be present to sign the acknowledgement receipt form upon collection of the Prize.
Winners who are unable to collect their Prize will have to authorise a representative and present the signed authorisation letter for collection on the winner’s behalf. Prizes must be taken as provided, are non-negotiable/transferable/exchangeable for cash and are subject to the T&Cs set by the Organiser.
Winners shall bear all costs associated with the claiming and collection of Prize from the Organiser.
The Organiser shall not be responsible for any consequences including, but not limited to loss of life, injury to person and/or damage to property, arising from or in connection with the Draw and/or redemption or use of the Prize.
All prizes not claimed within the stipulated period will be donated to a charitable organisation of the Organiser’s choice.
As part of the Vote & Win, Participants will disclose their personal information (“Personal Data”), which is subject to the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (No. 26 of 2012) (“the PDPA”) and other applicable data protection laws, including the European Union (“EU”) General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) where applicable.
By entry and participation in the Vote & Win, each Participant is deemed to have consented to the Organiser and its related corporations and business units, as well as its authorised agents and service providers collecting, using, disclosing and processing of the said Personal Data for the purposes of administering and conducting the Vote & Win, as well as post-Vote & Win activities and/or publicity.
The Participant also acknowledges that the consent overrides the registration with the Singapore Do-Not-Call Registry, does not supersede or replace other consents which they may have previously given to CDL, and are in additional to any right which CDL may legally have to collect, use or disclose their Personal Data. For more information on CDL’s PDPA policy, please refer to www.cdl.com.sg/index.php/privacy-policy.
By entry and participation in the Vote & Win, Participants:
- acknowledge and agree to participate and cooperate in all media and promotional activities relating to the Competition and Vote & Win, including but not limited to being interviewed, photographed and videoed at any time during the Vote & Win event period; and
- consent and grant the Organiser a no-royalty/fee, world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable and exclusive licence to use, reproduce, display and/or create derivative works of their submitted materials, including but not limited to their names, photographs, videos and footages obtained for media and promotional activities in all media worldwide, including online social media and networking websites without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and without prior inspection or approval.
While reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organiser to ensure safety of all the Participants, each Participant acknowledges and agrees that his/her participation in the Vote & Win is at his/her own risk.
By entry and participation in the Vote & Win, Participants agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Organiser and its related corporations and business units, as well as its authorised agents and service providers, including their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents, from and against any and all claims, causes of action, damages, obligations, losses (including any loss of opportunity), liabilities (including negligence), personal injuries, costs or debt, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs) and all amounts paid in settlement arising from or relating to, whether directly or indirectly, special or consequential, to the Participant’s participation in the Vote & Win.
The Organiser may assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter for which Participants have agreed to indemnify the Organiser. Participants agree to assist and cooperate with the Organiser in the defence or settlement of any such matters.
These T&Cs shall constitute the entire agreement between the Organiser and the Participant and supersede all prior representations, arrangements, understandings and agreements between the Parties (whether oral or written) relating to the subject matter herein contained.
These T&Cs shall be construed, governed and interpreted in all respects in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore and the Parties agree to submit all disputes and claims in respect to these T&Cs to the jurisdiction of the Courts of the Republic of Singapore.
If any of the clauses of these T&Cs is found to be invalid for any reason whatsoever, such invalidity shall not affect the validity and operation of the other remaining provisions of these T&Cs.
Headings are for convenience of reference only and shall not affect the interpretation of these T&Cs.
Participants shall not be entitled to assign any of the rights and obligations under these T&Cs without the express written consent of the Organiser.
Nothing in these T&Cs shall operate so as to create a partnership or joint venture of any kind between the Parties.
A person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act to enforce any of these T&Cs.
The Organiser reserves the right to amend the T&Cs at its discretion and without having to give prior notification.
For further enquiries on the Vote & Win, please email us at [email protected]